We recognize that having a miscarriage can be especially difficult for women, their partners and their family and we believe that the care given should be private, safe and confidential.
There many reasons why miscarriage occurs. In the beginning of the pregnancy a woman’s body undergoes many stages of development.
Helpful facts to know about miscarriage:
- The miscarriage rate among women is about 15-20%.
- Most miscarriages occur during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- The risk of miscarriage is higher in women who are older age, highest after 40.
- The risk of having a miscarriage increases in those who have had previous miscarriages.
- It is important to note that having an early miscarriage is not considered to cause fertility problems unless they occur repeatedly.
Signs of a miscarriage:
- Abdominal pain sharp, dull or cramping.
- Bleeding or spotting during pregnancy.
- Pregnancy symptoms subside.
Your options if you are experiencing early pregnancy miscarriage:
At Brampton Women’s Clinic, a doctor will evaluate if you are having a miscarriage by performing an ultrasound and possibly a blood test. Once we have determined that you are having a miscarriage there few options for treatment:
- Aspiration procedure is considered the safest method in caring for an early miscarriage .
- Another option is to allow the miscarriage to take its natural course
Advantages to having Aspiration Procedure in an early miscarriage:
- By choosing to undergo an Aspiration Procedure you can take control of the miscarriage.
- Aspiration Abortion or D & C is short and gentle, it is completed in 2-5 min.
- You can return to your normal activities directly after the procedure.
- Having an aspiration abortion is completely safe and will not affect your ability to become pregnant in the future.
Our staff is committed to making our patients relaxed and comfortable so they are free to express their concerns, feelings and fears. Individual needs are addressed with sensitivity, compassion and confidentiality. Our goal is to provide both information and support that women need to complete all aspects of the procedure. We are here to answer any questions you have in confidence. Contact us today.